Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Leer ghost is complete

The Leer Ghost is done, I think I will be challenging some TOTers this Halloween.  First the video.  This was taken in my garage with a small fan providing a breeze.  You can make out the door underneath, so this gives perspective of what it will look like on Halloween night.  Its not on a motion detector, I just walked up and turned it on.



This ghost is MUCH simpler than the WallBreaker, and I think very suitable for a kit that will be simpler, less expensive and more robust. I am also making a second Leer Ghost on commision, if you are interested in commision work please contact me.

Next up I am redoing my Flying Crank Ghost after getting turned on to Pumpkinrots cloaked ghost, which has also been done by Grim Hollow.  Every FCG I have ever seen has a head of some sort, and most have hands of some sort.  I am trying to make one with a void for the head and hands.

Some closing shots of the Leer Ghost.


11 comments:

  1. Yeah, that's one cool ghost! Those pictures are fantastic, John. Creepy as hell, intimidating, artful, and eerily graceful. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Beastly! I can see some Toters runnin for their lives lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you please post directions on how to make the leer ghost

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just damn creepy. Terrific work as always!

    Rich

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I am not planning on posting detailed directions at this time, but the technique for the wood described in detail in the wall-breaker how-to, plus the video of the mechanism may provide enough information for you to build one. I am planning on providing kits for the leer ghost after Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be very interested in your kit
      toddl144@aol.com

      Delete
    2. If I ever produce a leer ghost kit, it will be available on my blog here. Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Hey there, I was wondering if you have the tutorial for your LED spotlights page available anywhere in pdf or any format really? I received a response on halloweenforum.com about the archived page of your old website but if I could get the old pics too, that would be awesome! I have been "planning" on making them for some time & now that I have all the supplies I'd like to make them for this Halloween. By the way, I love your blog - I've subscribed and hope to learn more from your info, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I please do the beta test on the Leer Ghost Kit when it comes out? Please let me know-my email is katigbak2@yahoo.com or you can find me on HauntForum at this link http://hauntforum.com/member.php?u=4474

    Thanks,
    ~SuperCreep

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perhaps the best prop I've seen in a while... Well done!

    ReplyDelete