Next step was to build a body. I mounted the leer ghost where I could reach it , then used cardboard strips to form a body. Some of the strips are held with sheet rock screws; the body will be built with these screws in place, which later can be used to remove the body to fix the internals if needed.
I used hot glue (I love hot glue), with clothes pins holding things in place while the glue hardens.
As I tested the ghost I decided that the arms/shoulders were to narrow, so I rebuilt the mechanism so the shoulders were outside, not inside the mounts. This again demonstrates how easy it is to modify or fix the wood block/dowel construction.
Once the body was formed I used strip mache to cover the form using Stolloween's mix. Now I have tried several mache mixes, and I like Stolloween's the best. Once I had the strip mache on I decided to use more of Stolloween's techniques pulp mache to add some dimension in the form of ribs. In case you haven't seen his mache work, you have got to check it out.
Next I added cardboard cutouts to form the elbows. I did this by slowly adding cardboard, running the ghost to make sure none of the parts hit, and trimming where necessary for looks and movement. When this was finished I used strip mache to cover the elbows.